So, I just (2 minutes ago) submitted my 15,000 dissertation for the first year of my PhD. The next phase (3 years of research) begins in October. So what am I going to do until then? Well, there is no rest for the weary!
- First, this Thursday I am teaching on Eph 4:1-16 at church, so I am going to spend the remainder of the day praying and preparing for that.
- I will then spend the remainder of this week working on an article I am writing on Psalm 136.
- Next week I will work on an article I am writing on Genesis 22.
- Then the remainder of the month will be spent focused on moving some books reviews off of my plate. After I am done with these I have about 10 others waiting for me (several of these will be important for my dissertation). I am currently reading two books:
- Rationality as Virtue by Lydia Schumacher
- Reading the Bible Ethically by Eric Douglass
- I also need to get started on reading and organizing for my PhD dissertation. If I can get started now, I will be in a good place to begin writing as soon as October rolls around.
- My wife and son are currently away in the states, so I also have a myriad of household chores that I want to get done. Partly to stay busy, partly because I have been putting them off due to my thesis I just submitted, and partly because it excites me to make the house more welcoming for my bride when she returns.
- Then on August 25 I fly to the states to join my family for a month before we all return together. During September, there are lots of fun celebrations happening:
- My wife and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on August 27!
- My wife is turning 28 on September 6!
- My brother-in-law is getting married on September 18!